Had a Nightmare of a morning, with my document collapsing on me just just *just* after i’d finished taking in all the amendments. aieeeeeeeeeee!
It’s funny how some days I find myself on a roller coaster ride of emotions. Beware, on occasions such as these, I tend to render volumes of cliche-ridden, self obsessed angst.
I enjoyed an upbeat walk into work, stopping off at Tesco Metro for Chelsea Buns which I shared with Lucy. Thankfully Maurice was out of the office on a Golf Day (cue tirade about perks for the boys), so we ahd our BSA space to ourselves. Most days I can let Maurice wash over me; today wouldn’t have been one of them.
Oh nothing’s gone wrong in any definite instance, i’m just feeling a bit fed up I suppose. In fact, things went swimmingly until about 30 mins ago when I encountered the blythe “sorry, time for me to go home” unhelpfulness of one of the IT Helpdesk, who’d spent the preceeding 10 minutes ignoring me and chatting with her mates. The facts that a) I needed her help on a trivial “where’s the cable” matter, and b) it’s to download photos from my canon Ixus don’t really help matters, because my need was not work related. but it’s still left me feeling irrationally aggrieved with the world. But writing about it is making me feel better, getting it out of my system, getting things in perspective.
I suspect a little of my irriration stems from the fact that i’monly 30 pages through my 59 page scanning report, and I need to have proof-read and edited it into final form for Chris and Peter tomorrow.
but i can’t go until it’s done, and I’m meeting Phil by Holborn at 9pm, so I’d better get cracking.
p.s. Good Things about today:
– chelsea buns
– lunch with michele
– booking flights on the London Eye for Catriona and I for this Sunday (yes, there *will* be pictures!)
– trimming all the yellow leaves off my Tesco Green Quality Plant (a lily I think) which were the sorry result of my failure to give it sufficient water for the weekend.
ach, the TC and SJ drinks didn’t happen.
SJ got caught at work, and TC opted to head home “to get drunk”.
A bitty day so far (17:40).
– additional phone point installation by “Horizon Aerials” engineer, Russell (2 hours)
– hence quick n easy route into work (aka out of rush hour train+tube combo)
– 1 hour of work (batting off emails from the SST notaries and IT director)
– LUNCH WITH PHIL at the First Out Cafe, TCR. V.G. (yes, Phil’s back from Philly. So watch these entries peter out. Rapidly)
– Back for a 90 minute show and tell from Info Services on how to dig out Company Info
– Tea and SiroopenWafelen, with Haddockmails for company
– Back into Scanning Review Hell, finishing off those visio and mindmap diagrams, with David Gray on the headphones
…. and 45 mins until I’m due to meet TC and SJ at Futures for a mini eSouk revisited drink. Back to work!
Topics for expansion:
[listening to “dodgy” music]
[writing abuot phil here]