A bitty day so far (17:40).
– additional phone point installation by “Horizon Aerials” engineer, Russell (2 hours)
– hence quick n easy route into work (aka out of rush hour train+tube combo)
– 1 hour of work (batting off emails from the SST notaries and IT director)
– LUNCH WITH PHIL at the First Out Cafe, TCR. V.G. (yes, Phil’s back from Philly. So watch these entries peter out. Rapidly)
– Back for a 90 minute show and tell from Info Services on how to dig out Company Info
– Tea and SiroopenWafelen, with Haddockmails for company
– Back into Scanning Review Hell, finishing off those visio and mindmap diagrams, with David Gray on the headphones
…. and 45 mins until I’m due to meet TC and SJ at Futures for a mini eSouk revisited drink. Back to work!
Topics for expansion:
[listening to “dodgy” music]
[writing abuot phil here]
A funny thing happened on the way to the tube…well, more of a funny photo missed due to absence of camera; a massive digger-cum-crane arm delving into a cavernous side door at the Bank of England. It looked like they were extracting rubble though, rather than bullion.
Time for another note to self: carry your camera as you carry your cash and cards.
I’ve just lost the entry I was composing. That’ll teach me to try and be clever. but I’ll try to recreate the genius.
Note to self: Use that save button!
Ooof, today’s been a long one. I paid the price for last night’s over enthusiastic immersion in the joys of MT Sparkly as I’m starting to call this pet project, and only managed 5 hours sleep before the Today programme roused me from my slumbers with news that “they’ve” selected the new Archbishop of Canterbury. Sometimes I can manage on minimal Maggie Thatcher quantities of sleep, but today isn’t one of them. I must be getting old….
Delight du Jour has been the Scanning Review (revisited). It’s proving to be my nemesis project since I returned to Simmons & Simmons in June 2001… It’s a long, long story, which will have to wait until another time for the telling. Anyway, according to my carpe diem counters, I’ve spent 7 hours and 10 mins bludgeoning my ideas and recommendations into mindmaps and visio diagrams. My eyes and brain and shoulders and achy mouse wrist could have told me that.
Still, today has had its highlights though; lunch with TC, messages from TLP, and IOU settlement immediatement internettement from bro. Life could be worse!
But right now It’s Hometime! Wonder what’s on TV…. kinda glad Emma and Robert had to cancel dinner chez Mez…