Our first full week at the Naze Marine Holiday Park, which allowed for:
* a lot of reading
* a couple of lovely days sitting on the sea front, making full use of the beach hut
* watching the whole of Freaks and Geeks (complete with a pre ER/blonde Linda Cardellini and a pre Dawson’s Creek and ER Busy Philipps)
* an afternoon in Frinton, buying second hand books and eating delicious ice cream
* a tour of Curiosity Garden, peering into the windows of 2007 issue caravans
* lunch and dinner out with Phil’s mum and dad
The replacement bus service made the journey there and back a bit more tortuous than the usual easy train ride, but once there we had a really relaxing week.
The caravan park wasn’t as busy as I’d expected – perhaps people had decided not to risk a second cold and wet bank holiday (week). Any which way, it meant that it was nice and quiet – so no complaints from me, and we did have some lovely sunny days.