I didn’t do a round robin letter this year, but as I always enjoy reading the ones that I receive I’ve succumbed: here’s a very brief round up of my 2007.
Travel / Holidays
- Iran – on a Wild Frontiers recce tour, in May. Fantastic.
- China – an October fortnight travelling with Hazel from her dad’s Shanghai base; plus a week of work.
Short trips and weekends away
- Brecon Beacons – bringing in the New Year with Phil’s Bristol crowd.
- Forty Acres – for the annual birthday parties weekend.
- Saltaire – to catch up with Cat in early June
- Seville – with Fiona and Catherine in mid June.
- Walton on the Naze – twice (May Bank Holiday weekend and the week leading up to the August Bank Holiday weekend); both times a bit on the chilly/wet side.
- Bristol – for Tim and Helen’s wedding on the SS Great Britain. Glorious.
- Milan – for Jess and Mike’s wedding. We travelled there/back by train. Altogether very lovely.
Home and family
Still happily esconced in the Barbican with Phil; still happily doing Aunty Mary duties to Barney (10) and Rosa (8). Dad and Jean both well. I’m off to Hereford for a relaxing weekend with them in January.
Plans for 2008
Currently only features travel – 2008 is the year I’ll finally get to see some of the Silk Road in Central Asia. Nothing booked yet, but it’s The Trip for the year. Hoping to squeeze in a week in Libya too to maintain my one a year quota of visits to countries in the Axis of Evil. Luckily work have introduced the option of buying additional holiday…..