The final piece of planning has fallen into place (confirmation of our Paris hotel booking) for my/our Croatia – Berlin – Paris trip this summer. After a week’s walking holiday in Croatia (Exodus’ Croatia: Islands & Mountains trip, with Hazel and Cat) I’m rendezvousing with Phil in Berlin, staying with his friends Michael and Katja, which we are topping off (up?) with a few days in Paris on the way back to London.
- Croatia: Exodus’ Croatia: Islands & Mountains trip – http://www.exodus.co.uk/holidays/tvd/overview *
- Split to Berlin: Germanwings (Split-Köln-Bonn)
- Berlin: DIY, staying with Michael and Katja
- Berlin – Paris: Deutsche Bahn’s City Night Line sleeper train (the Man in Seat 61 comes up trumps yet again)
- Paris: DIY, staying at L’Hôtel des Grandes Ecoles
- Paris – London: Eurostar
Itinerary (Days 1-8 are the Exodus trip)
- Day 1: Fly London to Zagreb; three hour transfer to island of Krk.
- Day 2: Walk from Punat to Obzova Peak on island of Krk.
- Day 3: From the pretty town of Baška we walk through the stunning ‘Moon Plateau’ to the peak of Hlam (461m).
- Day 4: Free morning; transfer to Oltari Pass on mainland. Walk in North Velebit National Park ascending to Zavižan mountain hut where we overnight.
- Day 5: Walk famous Premuziceva Trail from Zavižan to Alan mountain hut; transfer to Karlobag.
- Day 6: Circular walk via the three valleys of Crni Dabar, Ravni Dabar and Dosen Dabar; drive to Starigrad.
- Day 7: Velika Paklenica N.P. gorge walk via the Mirila graves and Tomici Village; transfer to Trogir (UNESCO World Heritage Site 810).
- Day 8: Transfer to Split airport. Fly to Berlin.
- Day 9: Berlin.
- Day 11: Berlin; DB City Night Line sleeper train to Paris.
- Day 12: Paris.
- Day 13: Paris.
- Day 14: Paris.
- Day 15: Paris.
- Day 16: Paris; return to London on Eurostar.
I’ve struggled to plot this itinerary on Google’s My Maps for a good few hours, with nothing to show for it.
- Paris by public transport: RATP travel planner and Archi Bus routes
- Albert-Kahn musée et jardins is the only “Must Do” on my list for Paris
* 28 March 2014 Update: Well, that’s a first – Exodus have asked me to remove my links back to their website as they’re having trouble with their Google rankings due to “unnatural links” pointing to their website. Hence the unlinked URL to the trip page.