Why: I’ve two weeks’ holiday for half term to make the most of, and Intrepid’s Best of Burma fits perfectly in terms of dates, destinations and group profile.
When: October 2013 – it’s at the end of the end of the monsoon, but fingers crossed we’ll have some dry spells, and it’s not so hot.
Where: Yangon, Bagan, the Ayeyarwaddy River, Mandalay, Kalaw, Inle Lake and back to Yangon.
- Audley Travel’s rough guide to the monthly average temperatures and rainfall in different parts of Burma, with map.
- XE’s useful info about the MMK (Myanmar Khat) and currency converter.
- Burma Tour’s Useful phrases.
- UK Embassy of the Union of the Republic of Myanmar’s tourist visa information page (warning: with music).
- I’ve just missed the OXO Tower’s exhibition of Hans Kemp‘s Burma photos, Eastern Light – here are some highlights courtesy of The Guardian.
Read more: Best of Burma Booked