As Samuel Johnson said, When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life.
So I’ve decided to start keeping track of how I spend my London weekends.
- Birthday brunch at Bad Egg in CityPoint. There are better places in and around the City that do this sort of diner thing, and don’t ask if you have a reservation at 10.30 on a City Saturday morning.
- Moorgate shopping in HMV and M&S
- Strolled into town to visit John Lewis – first stop haberdashery in search of a pattern and fabric for a replacement top (failed). Then down to the furniture floor to try out roof terrace chairs and on the perennial sofa quest – and then to the Photographers’ Gallery to take a look at The Chinese Photobook and this year’s Deutsche Börse Photography Prize shortlist
- Birthday tea and cake at Maison Bertaux
- Mooch around the outdoor kit shops of Long Acre – Snow + Rock and the new Arc’teryx shop